Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Empire Ale House (Mount Vernon, Washington)



The Empire Ale House is located at 314 West Gates, Mount Vernon, Washington, USA. downtown Mount Vernon, just off the Interstate 5. It doesn't look like much from the outside but inside it is a cool little ale house serving a large variety of local beers. The fool looked great even though we didn't try it as we had just eaten at the Porterhouse which is owned by the brother of the owner Empire Ale House. Quite a few people came in to eat. Attached to the Ale Houses is a store, which you can access through the pub. It is owned by the wife of the Empire Ale House's owner. It has lots of interesting things....girls like it more than I. They did carry some pub things. It is a warm and comfortable little place with a neat area upstairs. This is a place that I would come back to again!!
November 3rd, 2012, went back for lunch and it was great.  I had the New York steak sandwich which came on a thick slab of bread with grilled onions and blue cheese on top.  For a side I went with the salad, which was a very good sized portion.  The other option was fries or soup.  My wife had the special, which was a Pannini sandwich that had chicken with pesto sauce, roasted red peppers and Gouda cheese. She also went with the salad for a side. Both were very, very good.  You can also get a very nice, good sized glass of wine for $6.50.  Still a great place to when in Mount Vernon, Washington!!
August 2013, back again!  This time I had the Philly Steak sandwich, juicy steak, grilled onions, red peppers, melted Swiss cheese of a beautiful fresh roll.  I came with a choice of Fries or salad or soup.  I wend with the salad which was very fresh.  My  wife had the Chicken Tacos that came with, lettuce, olives, cheese, roasted corn and breast of chicken.  She said they were very good as well!  Still one of my favorite places in Mount Vernon.  They no longer have the nice store that was attached to the bar.
November 2013.  Stopped in for a quick visit and an Appy!  Check out the Baked Brie and Roasted garlic plate we had above!  Excellent and great value at $8.95, it was very good.  The food here is excellent and keeps bringing me back.  The atmosphere is very good as well.

Summer 2014, Food is still great, this place is still great and a must go to!!!

August 2, 2015 went there but they are not open Sunday and Mondays.  There is a sign in the window listing it for sale.  Hmmmmm.   I hope it stays as it was always one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment