Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Conway Pub (Conway, Washington)


The Conway Pub was established in 1932 and is located at 18611 Main Street, Conway, Washington just off the Interstate 5 south of Mount Vernon. A really neat pub, located in the ground floor of a building that looks like an old church or municipal building. It is family run and well known for their good food. A buddy of mine who is a retired Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy got me on to this place. John was a cook in the Navy and also ran a restaurant for years, said the oysters are the best. We went there, but had eaten prior to our arrival. I had the chili and my wife had the taco salad, both of which were very good. The pub advertises they have the best pan fried Oysters west of the Mississippi. The service was very good and everyone was very friendly. The night we were there the Fire Department was having their post meeting get together. Outside the Pub is a BBQ area and lots of seating. Others that I have talked to highly recommend this place. I got a T shirt but the selection was not good for my size.....good if I wore a small but those days have long passed me by!! You gotta go to this place, as I said it is just off the I5 on your way to Seattle shopping if your are south bound or heading to Canada if you are north bound. I am going to try the Oysters the next time I am there! Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

August 2011,  made it back with some friends....the food was great as was the service.  This is another one of those great little bars/ taverns.  As I said before it is right of the  Interstate 5 if you are north or south bound you can get a quick meal and a drink if you choose.  I really like this place!

October 2016, back again, with a friend of mine.  This time I had the Chilli burger, and for my side I had the homemade potato salad.  It was great not only in taste but size.  Great burger covered in lost of homemade chilli.  So big I could only ate half of it, but took it home and made a great lunch the next day.  My friend had the Ruben, and it too was very good as I did my friend took the other half home to eat later. Service was very good, friendly and polite.  Lots of locals in for lunch.  Two thumbs up for sure!!

2 comments:

  1. Conway Pub does have great food and good service. I highly recommend stopping if you are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great place to bring the girls!!

    ReplyDelete