Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2016

Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)


Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub, 1601 Main Street, Vancouver British Columbia, Canada.  It is just south from Science World and south from the Sky Train, Main Street-Science World Station. If you can't guess by now this is and Irish themed pub. It has a beautiful long L shaped bar that seats abut 20 people.  There are 5 booths on the right as you enter that each sit 4 people comfortable.  Something different is there are lots of tables for 2 which is a change. As for larger pub high tables they have 4 that seat 6 to 8 people.  With over 20 different types of beer on tap and a good variety of bottled beer, I am sure you can find something you like.  As for the food, I started off with their home made sausage rolls, they came with a dollop of Dijon  mustard on top.  They were very good.  For my main course I had the Steak and Guinness Pie, AAA Alberta beef cooked tender in rich Guinness gravy with spuds and carrots, baked bubbly with a flaky golden pastry on top.  It is baked in a small cast iron skillet! Comes with fries.  It was exceptionally good!  I thank my friends for the recommendation!  I would go there just to have that again.  They also have traditional Cottage Pie.  One of my friends had the Bangers and Mashed, Two Rivers custom Guinness infused pork banger (it is big), served with creamy mashed potatoes, pale ale onion gravy & Crisp sage leaves.  Nice big portion.  I saw a couple of guys order an extra sausage....one is enough for me! This whole area of Vancouver is being transformed, good to find  a place to park and walk around. There are lots of Craft Breweries in the area and after you finish at the pub just walk south a couple of blocks to Ernest Ice-cream.   I had the salted caramel in a waffle cone...mmmm.  Any way, there are 8 TV's in the pub for watching your favorite sports game.  The service was very good!  It was fairly busy and staff kept coming around cleaning plates and bringing drinks and water.  Our waitress was very cheerful and just happened to be from Ireland.  I would Recommend the Dubh Linn Gate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment