Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Buck & Ear Bar and Grill (Steveston, British Columbia)

The Buck and Ear Bar and Grill, 12111-3rd Avenue, (Steveston) Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. The Buck & Ear is located in Steveston, which is a part of Richmond, and was originally a fishing/ canning village. It is very close to the docks where many fishing vessels are tied up, as well as many nice shops and restaurants. This bar was established in 1895, and I think has one of the nicest interiors I have been in. The out side doesn't look like much but once you walk in the doors it is fabulous. There is so much to like about this place, there is ample seating and seats well over 200 people. There are booths, tables and chairs and nooks, you name it. The bar it self is gorgeous and has so much detail to it. There is a room with 2 pool tables along with bar stools, a couple of tables and chairs (I mean nice comfortable chairs). This room also has 8 old theater fold up seats along the wall. This is also one of the nicest pool rooms I have seen! They have numerous TVS through out, as well as keno and pull tabs. The food is another reason to come here. I had the Pulled Pork Kaiser sandwich, coleslaw and fries. It was very good My mother in law had the Eggs Benedict and pan fried potatoes, she described her meal as "Fantastic!". My wife had the halibut fish tacos and again two thumbs up. I have been here previously and had the Halibut and chips which I also recommend. The service is quick and friendly! This place has really made a mark on my list of favorite places to go and it is very near the top. You really have to go and try it out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment