Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2010

Slainte By the Pier Irish Restaurant and Bar (White Rock, British Columbia)

Slainte By the Pier, Contemporary Irish Restaurant and Bar, 15057 Marine Drive, White Rock, British Columbia Canada. Slainte has a fabulous location, it is right on Marine Drive across from the Pier, in White Rock over looking Semiahmoo Bay in the Pacific Ocean! They have a great view of the water from the patio, inside the bar or in the second floor loft area. They have been open for about 6 months now and things are going well. One of the owners, "Jack" is from Ireland, but this place doesn't have a strong Irish feel to it. Maybe it is because the bar and tables are all ash coloured, I don't know. They have a good menu with a good variety of items. I had the Cottage Pie, I couldn't give it a 10 out of 10. I would have to say 6 1/2 out of 10 on that. I still enjoyed it! My Wife had the bouillabaisse and it was full of fresh fish, prawns, Gala mussels, scallops, fennel, carrots and leeks. She said that it was very good! I tried hers and it was fantastic! The bar it self sits about 8 people and looked very comfortable. I liked the loft area up stairs, it would be perfect for a group of friends or co-workers to meet. You are a way from the rest of the place as to not bother everyone else. The one main set back here would be in the summer time, trying to get parking. White Rock has pay parking at the beach, it is $4.00 for 2 hours, and if it is nice good luck getting a spot close to here. They use local produce, beer, wine and musicians! Not a big chain restaurant, locally owned and run. I will come back for sure. Next time I think I may try the Steak and Guinness pie, or maybe the bouillabaisse.

No comments:

Post a Comment