Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2011

Town Hall Public House (Langley Canada)

Town Hall Public House, 19640-64 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia, Canada.  This place was originally the Duke of Wellington which opened up in 1981.  A year or two ago it sold and was turned in to Jazzy Jones.  That was a flop!  In October of 2011, it opened as Town Hall Public House.  They have done a lot of renovations and the result is fabulous!!  It has a great feel to it with lots of seating. They have a beautiful fireplace that was imported from England.  The swinging front doors when you enter are English antiques and are dated back to the mid 1800's.  The bar is made from an old church pulpit and is beautiful.  It can sit about 10 people or so..  There are about 15  42 inch flat screen TVS through out the bar.  They have 14 different types of beer on tap and may be adding up to 6-8 more beer on tap.  Also there is 11 different types of Craft beer, to go along with all of the regular beer that you would expect to find.  You can get a glass of their house wine which is Okanagan  Wines, for $4.50 a glass.   They are coming out with a new wine list and want to carry hard to find wines and wines that are not usually found in the liquor stores.  The food here is awesome.  I had the lunch special which was a Chicken cordon blue burger and fries.  That was one of the best sandwiches I have had in a very long time.  The fries were great!  My wife has basically the same thing but had a salad and she echoed my praise for the food here.  They have weekend brunch specials,  such as two eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns for $4.00!!  The service was very friendly.   I really liked this place and it has climbed up quite high on my list of preferred bars, pubs and taverns!!  I know that I will be back real soon and I hope that you try it out, I think you will really enjoy it!!
 
2013 May 04 was back and the food is still awesome!  I had the chicken cordon blue sandwich and it was to die for! It came with french fries which were piping hot and very good.  My wife had the tortilla soup, which was also very good, very thick and hardy!  It was very busy for the Saturday lunch rush!!  Still a great place to go!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment