Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Spillway Bar and Grill (Bowling Green, Kentucky)



Spillway Bar and Grill, Bowling Green, Kentucky, U.S.A.. A working mans bar and I say that with respect. As you enter the sit up bar is right in side the door and is about 35 feet long sitting about 15 people. They have a stage in the back for a band or what ever. There are 3 pool tables and as well 3 poker tables. You can't play for money as it is illegal....hhmm. They have a selection of 3 beer on tap. the popular food and I did not have a chance to try anything was chicken wings and they looked pretty good. Wine was $3.50 for a full glass, and I mean full right to the brim. I got there just after 1 pm when it opened and quite a few locals arrived and buy 120 om there were 10 people drinking and playing poker, Texas Holdem. Now the thing that concerned me was on Tuesdays and Fridays they have Cornhole tournaments. Where I come from that is not a good thing, but down here they tell me it is a bean bag tossing game. I was just glad I was there on a Sunday. The people were very friendly and I had a visit with a gentleman who was one of the first to explore the famous caves in the area. If you are not looking for fancy this might just be the place for you. Once again lots of parking.



No comments:

Post a Comment