Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dublin Castle pub (New Westminster, British Columbia)

Dublin Castle pub  101-319 Governors Court, New Westminster, British Columbia Canada.  www.dublincastle.ca  .  The Dublin Castle Pub is located in the main floor west side of the old British Columbia Penitentiary Guard House Building.  The Penitentiary opened up in 1878 and ran until 1980.  It was the first Federal Maximum security penitentiary west of Manitoba.  Great building with a great location over looking the Fraser River.  The pub has a deck that wraps around the side and front and a good view of the river.  We went there on a Saturday for lunch, and it is a very nice cozy pub inside.  There is a long L shaped bar that seats 12 people.  The food was very good, I had the Steak and Guinness pie with a salad, the pastry was very light and fluffy!.  My wife had the Super breakfast, 2 eggs, hash browns, 3 strips of bacon.......and it came with toast.  They have 8 types of beer on tap and the usual bottled beer.  They do have a very good wine selection and all of the other liquor that one would expect.  There are 6 flat screen TVS, and a small fire place in the corner.  There are daily drink and food specials. Our waitress just was not on the ball during our visit.  I asked for no onions on my salad, and it came with onions.  When the bill arrived, I noticed that she charged us and extra dollar for my meal and my wife's was suppose to be half price if she ordered a drink that was more than $5.00...which it was. We brought this to the attention to our waitress.  She went back and partly fixed the bill.  First she said that the price of my meal went up by a dollar but they had not changed it on the menu....so she took the dollar off.  Then when I came to my wife's meal, she said that my wife ordered something else.  Which my wife didn't and I heard her order.  The the waitress advised that since my wife had toast that would be a $1.50 extra.  Tried explaining that it was not our problem that she did not write the order correct and got it wrong!  The $1.50 ended coming out of her tip.  The waitress did spend a lot of time talking to one of the other waitresses and not waiting on us.  Wish we had one of the other waitresses as they seemed to care about their customer's much better.  Too bad because this tainted our experience here. I would be willing to give it another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment