Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gudrun Tasting Room (Steveston, British Columbia)

Gudrun Tasting Room, 150-3500 Moncton Street, Steveston B.C.
My Mother In Law put me on to this place and it is fantastic. I am not saying that to make my Mother In Law happy but it is great. It is right in the heart of Steveston, and a little hard to find as it is down a small pedestrian alley about 100 feet or so. When you get there the outside sitting area is in front with a large table that you share with everyone else. There is a large tree through the middle of the table. They have a very funk bar and cool wine rack behind the bar with a great selection of wine. Patrick the owner is great at helping you make a good choice of wine. He grew up in the area and it is nice to see a local guy doing well. We were there for Sunday brunch so they have a Sunday brunch only menu. You can't order off the regular menu which is written on the east wall. I had the Eggs Benny (comes meat or vegetarian) I had the meat, which was thinly sliced Italian salami, Organic free range eggs on a sliced croissant with great sauce, with a side spinach salad with a balsamic dressing. Possibly one of the best egg benny's I have ever had. My wife and her Mom had what is basically a ploughmans lunch with various cheeses, fruit and bread. They both really enjoyed it immensely! The service was very good and very friendly. All of the tables and chairs were made by Patrick from what I am told. It is a small place but very cosy and friendly. I am looking forward to trying it one evening. This is truly a great find!! For sure, two thumbs up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment