Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Varsity Inn (Burlington, Washington)

Varsity Inn, 112 N. Cherry Street, Burlington Washington, U.S.A.  Ph 360-755-0165.  Located a block away from the Train Wreck Bar.  Upon entering the Varsity Inn, we were made to feel very welcome.  The Manager, Kerry, took care of us and filled us in on the Varsity Inn.  Half of this tavern allows people under 21 to enter.  They are not allowed at the bar or the seating directly behind the bar stools (area).  The sit up bar as you can see in the picture sits 14 people on these cool old bar stools that are mounted to the raised area of the floor.  They have 10 different types of beer on tap and a full bar with liquor wine and canned/ bottled beer.  They have a nice selection of wines, I had the 14 Hands Chardonnay which was quite nice and priced at $5.00 for a glass.  The happy hour is Monday to Friday from 2-6pm.  For lunch, I had the 3 sliders, which are 3 mini hamburgers, with their own slider sauce, bacon strip and a big hunk of blue cheese on top.  It was very good.  My wife had the fish tacos, which was also 3 tacos.  They had a little zing to them.  They were quite good and a lot there!!  They have all kinds of specials all week which include 1/2 price pizzas on Wednesdays.  They are cooked in their pizza oven.  No frozen pizza here!  Out back is a nice patio area and lots of parking to boot!  The owner of this bar also owns the Longhorn Saloon in Edison Washington about an hour away ( haven't tried it yet).  The Varsity Inn was a very clean place as were the washrooms.  The cook was dressed in proper chef attire which maintains a good image.  I can definitely say that I give this place two thumbs up and will be back for sure!!  This was a very nice surprise to find such a good place!

2013 July, went there again and awesome again.  I tried the pizza this time and was very pleased.  I had the "Mafia Pizza", great crust, which by the way they get their bread and dough from an artisan bakery in Edison, Washington!  It had Mozzarella and Provolone cheese, olives, spiced Italian sausage, mushrooms,  roasted garlic and salami (I held back the grilled red onions).  It was amazingly good!!  My wife had the  "Steak Tri Tip Salad"  again a great salad, fresh lettuce and lots of great steak!  Enough that she took half of it home for a snack!  I am coming aback here again!!!

Late June 2014, I was there for lunch and had the pleasure of Veronica the new bartender of 3 1/2 weeks looking after me.  She is very friendly and looks after all of her customers like they are family! The.... and I couldn't resist "The Mafia" pizza was still very very good! It is so good I can't try anything else!  I will be back for sure!

February 2015, took some friends there and once again the food was amazing, the Mafia pizza still one of the best around and that crust!!  Also one of the specials was a prime Rib dip with fries or salad.  It was sooooo good and my buddy said, it is now the new bench mark for beef dips and it will be hard to beat!!  Look forward to going there again, and yes kids are welcome on one side only.

No comments:

Post a Comment